Town of Evans Highway Department
The Town of Evans Highway Department is accepting applications for part-time office clerk position approximately 20 hours per week. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age be physically fit and complete/pass a police/criminal background check.
The purpose of this position is to perform general booking and clerical work of moderate difficulty and responsibility supporting the daily operations of the Highway Department. Performs all other related work as required under the supervision of the superintendent of highways or his designee.
- Majority of work performed under typical office conditions
- Regularly operates computers, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment.
- Makes frequent contacts with other town departments, officials vendors and the general public.
- Has access to limited department related confidential information. Confidentially a must!
- Must be capable to use independent judgement in dealing with the public to ensure and relate compliance with departmental policies, procedures and methods.
- Maintains department records. Prepares payments to vendors and maintains associated records.
- Prepares weekly payroll for department employees.
- Answers complaint calls and ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy when dealing with the public and responds in an appropriate manner
- Willingness to adapt to unanticipated changes in the working environment
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High School graduation, prior related clerical or bookkeeping experience.
If interested, please reply with a cover letter and a resume and send to Town of Evans Highway Department, Att: Edward Michalski, Supt., 8752 Delamater Road, Angola, NY 14006. Questions call the department during regular business hours at 549-3533.
Edward J. Michalski
Supt. of Highways