Town of Evans Dog Park
8787 Erie Road, Evans
HOURS: Daily, Dusk until Dawn
• Evans residents ONLY
• No children under age 12 inside fenced area
• Dogs must be 4 months of age or older
• Dogs must have a current Dog License and license tag must be visible
• Aggressive dogs, female dogs in season (heat) and sick or injured dogs PROHIBITED
View complete Dog Park Rules and Regulations (Dog Park Rules)
Evans Parks & Recreation Department (General Inquiries)
8787 Erie Road
Angola, NY 14006
Evans Animal Control / Police Dept.
The Evans Dog Park is a fenced in public area adjacent to Evans Town Hall on Erie Road where dogs can legally run off-leash and play with other dogs under the supervision of their companions. The park is accessed through a double-gated entrance where you unleash your dog after the first gate is closed and before you open the second gate to enter. There dog park is a 150' x 100' fenced area of dedicated green space consisting of two sections, one for small dogs and one for large dogs.
To maintain an off-leash area in Evans where citizens can safely interact with their dogs, allowing dogs and citizens to share the park in an environment that is safe, clean, and enjoyable to all, to also encourage responsible canine citizenship by providing opportunity for exercise and socialization for dogs and their companions.
Rules & Regulations
The Town of Evans is not responsible and shall have no liability for the acts or omissions of individuals or their animals that utilize the Dog Park. You are liable for any injury or damage caused by your animal.
• The Dog Park may be utilized by Evans residents only.
• Dogs must have a valid license and be current on their immunizations. The license tag must be visible.
• Carry a leash at all times. Leash your dog when entering and exiting the Dog Park and immediately upon any sign of aggression or bad conduct of your dog.
• Keep your dog within view and under voice control at all times.
• Clean up after your dog and dispose of waste by properly using the appropriate waste receptacles.
• Immediately fill in any holes your dog digs.
• Aggressive dogs, female dogs in season (heat), dogs younger than 4 months of age and sick or injured dogs are not allowed in the park.
• For health and safety reasons, children under 12 years of age are not allowed inside the fenced area.
• Smoking is prohibited.
• Food is not permitted inside the park.
• Spiked, pronged, choke or training collars are not allowed.
• Be responsible and courteous to others.
First Time Users of the Park
• It is helpful to visit the park on your first visit without your dog to familiarize yourself with the park.
• Your dog's first few visits work out best when the park is not busy.
• If using the large area, unleash your dog inside the fenced-in entrance area after the first gate is closed and before you open the second gate to enter the Dog Park.
• Be considerate of other park users. Don't let your dog bother others enjoying the park.
• Use caution when dispensing treats to your dog around other animals.
• Keep your dog in sight at all times. Be aware of what he or she is doing. Anticipate potential problems. It is easier to stop a problem from happening than deal with it after it's occurred.
• Remove your dog from the park if he or she becomes aggressive.
• Please keep the gates closed at all times.
Opportunities to Support the Park
Make checks payable to the Town of Evans Dog Park and mail to: Town of Evans Office of Community Development, 8787 Erie Road, Angola, NY 14006
Dog Park Donation Form
Purchase a Memorial Paver
Honor your dog with a memorial paver to be displayed at the entrance of the Park. See attached form for details.
Dog Park Memorial Paver Order Form